I don't understand surfers sometimes.

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
surfvida

I don't understand surfers sometimes.

Postby surfvida » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:29 pm

One day I went to Rock piles and I havent surfed in about 5 years so I was hella white and rusty. I went out to relieve stress because work was stressing me out. I prolly looked paranoid and a mess. I remember their were these three local guys there. A guy was like "look at this guy , hes so white." He also said "I remember when Rock piles surfers used to have lots of charm" Then I caught a wave and fell. They started talking more stuff. Then I caught this wave and had hella fun. After the wave I put my head down and had one of the meanest rushes of my life. Then when I started paddeling back out one of the guys said "Ho that guy can surf good" then when I looked back at them they all looked down. Me... back in the day I never talked smack about anyone. I had respect for everyone.

Their are other times when people say something stupid and you wonder why they said it. Like this one time I was surfing Canoes and I was hella white and rusty cause I havent gone out in a while. I caught a wave and fell, and after put wax on my board because it was slippery. Then this guy said behind my back " why are you putting wax it's not going to help you" after that I did a 360 with pretty high air (longboarding) and when I did it he grabbed his board and started shaking it back and fourth like choking it and making a wierd "arrrrr" sound like he was fustrated by it. Maybe some surfers are just inmature. Me... I wouldn't care if I was the worst surfer in the world.. I would still just go out there to have fun.

I mean when surfing becomes..."I have to be better then everyone out here" it aint fun anymore. The last thing I want to be worried about when i'm surfing is other surfers. When I'm thinking about being better then surfers in my area i'm not thinking about myself. And i'm not thinking about having fun. But anyways what are your guys thoughts has anyone been through this?

steamroller

Postby steamroller » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:01 pm

dont come here to so cal thats for sure....this is where all those assholes come from i think

red

Postby red » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:59 pm

Sounds like you could use a few comrades.
Last edited by red on Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocky Rockbottom

Re: I don't understand surfers sometimes.

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:37 pm

surfvida wrote:then when I looked back at them they all looked down.

That would have been your second chance to say hi. Doesn't matter how white you are just flash a smile, nod your head, make a random comment, or just say hi.

Nice first post by the way :lol:
I listen to classical music because violins and shit are supposed to make you smarter

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:47 pm

"Hella" ???
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

JeSennia

Postby JeSennia » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:04 pm

that sucks... i think i may have an easier time cuz i'm a girl and i know not to drop in and stuff like that

wow you think those guys suck you should visit the bellydance discussion board some time...some of those ole cats can be real biatches!

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:10 pm

JeSennia wrote: wow you think those guys suck you should visit the bellydance discussion board some time...some of those ole cats can be real biatches!

:D I don't know why, but I had to chuckle...
Owoooooooo!!

surfvida

Postby surfvida » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:56 pm

Yeah ur right red I need more friends who surf.... I'm 28 now and all my friends who surf all work all the time! When I was younger everyone had time to surf. Now days is a lot better then before though I remember in the early 90's their was a scrap every day at bowls parking lot. I saw aftermath of a stabbing there. Some surfers are just crazy man. A couple of guys I know are Brazilian jiu-jitsu guys and are always starting fights at bowls. Many times I quit hanging out with surfer friends because they start violence. When I was younger it was good to have friends like this for protection, but now days I can't hang out with those guys.

Most of the guys I know are still like that, they get like five guys to go out with them because they have beef with someone out there. But yeah, you never know when their is going to be agro guys out there just there to start a fight for no reason.

red

Postby red » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:12 pm

Comrades! We go surf!

JeSennia

Postby JeSennia » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:12 am

lol! i'm serious! currently we have over 30 pages of bitch slappin going on about ONE topic on bellydance...that should be no surprise to guys tho, you all know us chicks love to talk! (i have over 5000 posts on the bdance forum)

well you guys are nice! i'll come over here and play when the biatch room gets too hot!
aloha

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”