Custom Surf Tats

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
red

Custom Surf Tats

Postby red » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:27 pm

Know anybody who surfs and does good custom tattoo work? I've got an idea I've been working on for a while and I'd like to get somebody who knows surfing to help me hammer out the final design. I'm not looking for cheap, just reasonable and good.

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:02 pm

i hear all the best guys are in wahiwa and waipahu.

red

Postby red » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:35 pm

I stopped by that Dragon place. That guy only does flash. I'll keep looking and maybe stop by the place next to 7-11 Haleiwa next time I"m up.

Thanks for the reply.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:12 am

Tattoos=low self-esteem...

gotta paint the body because you KNOW it lacks...

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:23 am

one more thing, red.

wassup wit the firearm avatar? you a shooter? or a gamer?

i tell youse, as a society, we've desensitized ourselves towards such things. you think it's nothing putting shit like that up there. okay fine.

got one question for you, red: HAVE YOU EVER KILLED ANYONE? DO YOU PLAN TO, EVER? if any of those two answers are yes, then disregard my tirade. if the answer is no, then you're a big fucking fake, with a severely warped sense of humor.

guns, knives, swords, bows and arrows, clubs, spears, and daggers...

tell you what, that's one thing we do NOT need in a surfing post, that being the tolerance of weapons and violence. i will not have it.

killing is not a good thing, and an avatar that has a gun pointing at me? well, let's just say i'm conditioned to react to that picture in such a fashion that would turn your hair white...

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:15 pm

Aloha Comrade Red..
My buddy went to Polynesian Tatoo Factory in Hau'ula. On Kam Hwy next to the Fire Station. Saw Ricky-boy. Did a good job on a custom tat for him. Good guy too. Tell 'em Jim from Island Guitars sent ya.
Phone # 293-8288

p.s..I gots a couple tats and my self esteem is just fine...everyone's got their own reasons.
Owoooooooo!!

olly

Postby olly » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:21 pm

red, the hawaiian tattoo company on king st. did a great job on a friend of mine. just black though, but i think they also have some guys who do good colour, depends what you want.. i think the guys name was joe or joel... i think he's the owner.

tattoos almost always have good stories behind.
a mate of mine has a half outline of what looks like a house on his leg. his girlfriend was doing it for him with indian ink and a paperclip, she wanted to draw a church, he wanted a rocket, they ended up having a huge argument and broke up so the tattoo never got finshed. i thought it was hilarious :oops:

red

Postby red » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:17 pm

Thanks guys. I'll check into those places in the coming weeks and if I can I'll post the results. That place in Hau'ula sounds promising.

P.S. Sorry you don't like guns, Guest. At least I know you won't want to borrow my 9'6".

goro

Postby goro » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:42 pm

u might want to try my friend, tricia allen:
http://pacificimagery.com/
she's studied under masters like ed hardy

red

Postby red » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:42 am

Thanks Goro,

I'm going to get in touch with her when she comes back on the 23rd. Really dig that site.

goro

Postby goro » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:34 pm

no problemo red...she's back now...there's an article on her in the honolulu weekly...i'm off to florida for a week...you guys enjoy the surf for me...aloha...

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:04 am

Here's one that I found of of the surfermag forum.

I listen to classical music because violins and shit are supposed to make you smarter

Haoleboy

Postby Haoleboy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:28 am

Thank god you didn't post the other one.... :shock: :D
Owoooooooo!!

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:23 pm

Haoleboy wrote:Thank god you didn't post the other one.... :shock: :D

You mean this one?

NSFW, Home or your reputation

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/2005021 ... 0_full.jpg
I listen to classical music because violins and shit are supposed to make you smarter

Puerto_Rico_Surfer

Postby Puerto_Rico_Surfer » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:54 pm

Aw man, I couldnt resist and I clicked now I am blind in one eye and the other partially.

I'll be sending you the therapy bill to deal with the nightmarish flash backs.

Btw what does NSFW mean?
"Keep firing, make your attackers advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but they'll have to beat you to death with it, because it's going to be empty!"

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”