Surfing Internationally

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
surfvida

Surfing Internationally

Postby surfvida » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:47 am

Hey what's up people . I was wondering if anyone here has surfed places other then Hawaii and recomend surf trips to other places?

red

Postby red » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:28 pm

Goofy or regular?

Sand, reef, or point?

Languages bother you?

Do you like to party or be alone?

What power range/size do you like?

How much money do you have?

How much time?

Are you solo or with a group/sweetie?

Answer some of these questions and you will narrow down the possibilities a lot. That world stormrider guide is REALLY worth the cash if you don't know a lot about where you want to go. The key is getting there for the RIGHT time of year.

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:55 pm

.........surfed all over the world. GO GO GO GET OFF THE ROCK!

......yep depends on what ya like and how good a surfer you are. Oz has it all so does central and south america. Seen any pics of indo lately? :shock:

...........FIJI here I come! :P

surfvida

Postby surfvida » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Goofy or regular?
I like to go goofy or regular.

Sand, reef, or point?
Dont matter.

Languages bother you?
I speak a little Portuguese other then that nada.

Do you like to party or be alone?
I like to party and be with friends or family.

What power range/size do you like?
I like it 2 to 4.

How much money do you have?
3 to 4 grand.

How much time?
Until money runs out.

Are you solo or with a group/sweetie?
Dunno yet the friend I want to take is always working and he has a junk job so he can't take any time off. Another friend's been surfing for like 10 years but he can't surf too good so I don't want to be responsible of taking him and he gets hurt. And the same goes for a couple of girls I know....... At the most 2 people are coming with.

I'm thinking about going to Brazil because I can surf train jiu-jitsu and party. But people are telling me that Costa Rica is the best spot they ever surfed. I want to go though! I have been surfing this island since 1978 I need a change!

red

Postby red » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:00 am

Go to Brazil! This is a great time of year coming up.

http://www.brazilsurftravel.com/index.htm

slap a dap

Postby slap a dap » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:52 pm

...............wrong! If you want unreal looking women and latino culture then go to Brazil. Don't go for the surf cause it's over rated and the surfers are aggressive. Costa Rica might be your bet. Still got great looking women (who love Americans), it's still very cheap, summer time is the best time to go and you will have a variety of surf from 500+ yard long point breaks to good beach break. DO IT MAN.

red

Postby red » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:43 pm

slap a dap wrote:...............wrong! If you want unreal looking women and latino culture then go to Brazil. Don't go for the surf cause it's over rated and the surfers are aggressive. Costa Rica might be your bet. Still got great looking women (who love Americans), it's still very cheap, summer time is the best time to go and you will have a variety of surf from 500+ yard long point breaks to good beach break. DO IT MAN.

Brazil has the longest coastline of any country in the world. I'm sure if he looks hard enough there are plenty of good empty waves out there.

surfvida

Postby surfvida » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:59 pm

TY Red. The waves on that site looked bad ass! That's true too Slap. I wanted to go to Brazil but the people that want to go with all want to go to Costa and Australia. We are prolly going to Costa tho, but ty guys in helping in my decision. I can't wait to go I need time off from my job and some chillaxation :D

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:07 pm

slap a dap wrote:....Costa Rica might be your bet. Still got great looking women (who love Americans), it's still very cheap,

DROP DA DRILL FOR CINCO MIL !

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”