Surf pics from Garden Isle (Kauai)!!! (56k Not Happening)

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
SpdBump

Surf pics from Garden Isle (Kauai)!!! (56k Not Happening)

Postby SpdBump » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:34 pm

) thanks guys, for all the awesome surf pics from the past few weeks of variable winds and north swells :D Keep'em coming!!...Here's some pics from my annual vacation with the wifey to Emerald Island..I know Kauai surfers are very protective of their spots, so not much revealed here. 8) I did do some recon on some unmentioned secret spots... Got to surf decent PK's and SWrecks a lot, but also fulfilled a dream of surfing a well-known but spooky/sharky/ dry-reef shallow inside spot, super-long rippable perfect lefts...After I got dropped off on the side of the road, searched for the "gate", had to walk through a cane field by myself with only descriptions I've read or heard from people, crossed a muddy stream, go over some private property to reach the dream spot!!! Thought I was gonna get mauled by the loose bull or get lost on them narrow trail :lol: To cap off the trip, got to catch a glimpse of Tiger wacking some 300 yard drives 8) The PGA golfers are nuts!!

Hanalei from Princeville hotel cliffs, proving grounds for Irons, T Kinimaka, B.Hamiliton, laird, and all of Kauais hottest rippers!!(Home of $20 clubhouse sandwiches for lunch, but kick-ass views of the Bay :shock: !!)
Inside Bowl is just as crowded as Pipe!!!!

Lone Surfer around the corner at "South Sea HW",nasty paddle-out, not much of a channel!! Uncorwded though...
Tunnels in the background!!!
Image :lol:

Dream spot--"Shoyu Waters" on a small day, was paranoid about the locals, so I buried my digital camera in the black sand after snapping a few pics!!..Stoked that the old-timers were super nice that I met there.. Give respect!!

Me & my little munchkin, thanks for looking... :)
Image :?
Last edited by SpdBump on Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rocky Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rockbottom » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Looks like paradise. I'd like to go there again.

uncle

Postby uncle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:29 am

Great Pics! Surfed there a lot in my younger days. In Hanalei before the condos, sometimes was hard to find someone else to go out with! My family used to know the family that owned the land fronting the dream spot. We were 12 or 13, no leashes and they told us it was the most shark infested spot on the island. We were spooked, but had many a perfect day there. Glad you got a good taste. Sounds like not much has changed there.

CUinHELL

Here's one I shot a while ago...

Postby CUinHELL » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:39 pm

Empty

CUinHELL

Postby CUinHELL » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:41 pm

South Side at night

CUinHELL

Postby CUinHELL » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:43 pm

The Hood
Image[/list]

LGREANZ

Postby LGREANZ » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:24 pm

yo shot 2 is sweet, spent aweekend in that area not long ago, sittin at that bar sipn sierra nevadas, watching the yanks VS sox series & NBA playoffs, eatn shrimp foccacia sandwisches. one evening after a few beers we paddeled out and surfed the left till it was pitch black, crazy energy, sickest sunset. surf was pretty nil till the last day and then we scored some sweet late season Hanalei.

cool pics SPDBUMP.

CUinHELL

Postby CUinHELL » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:19 pm

Oh yeah, Waiohai beach bar. Stiffest Mai Tai on the island. I had some friends visiting from the mainland. I don't drink very often. An occasional beer now and then. Anyway, we walked up to the bar after a sesh. Had 1 Mai Tai from that bar and was freakin HAMMERED. Good think I live walking distance away. :wink:

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”